Monday, May 21, 2012

Mount Buckmore

11 Warriors had an interesting post on the players on "Mount Buckmore from the 80s.  That got me to thinking about who I'd put on the mountain for the decades of my life.

70s - Archie, Corny, Cousineau, and Pete Johnson

I know there's some good players I'm missing from the early 70s but I really only started understanding the game mid decade.  This list would probably include Gradishar and Hicks if I was born earlier.

80s - Schlitcher, Byars, Carter, and Spielman

Eleven warriors ignores Schlitcher but during his junior and senior seasons there weren't many better in the country.  There's only been a few times the Buckeyes have been able to say that at QB.  They include Marek and he was a great player but for some reason I didn't like him as much as other players.  Their notables include Pepper Johnson, Tim Spencer and John Frank.  Spencer was my #5 pick fwiw.

90s - Orlando Pace, Eddie, Antoine Winfield, and Joe Germaine

Close behind would be Korey Stringer, Robert Smith, Steve Tovar, Shawn Springs, and Mike Vrabel.

00s - Smith, Hawk, Ginn, and Doss

A recent ranking has Holmes replacing Ginn in the top 4 with Beanie, Malcolm Jenkins, Laurinaitis and Chris Gamble right behind.  I can't argue with any of those picks.

It will be interesting to see if they agree with my 90s and 00s picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment